CIVIL ENGINEER / ENGINEER'S REPRESENTATIVE – GISBORNE
Land Development and Engineering (LDE) is a forward-thinking and well-resourced engineering company. We have an excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer who is passionate and self-motivated with MSQA and Project Management experience or a intermediate design engineer wanting to gain experience in the area of MSQA and contract management to join our growing team in Gisborne.
The successful applicant will get to work with and learn from a diverse and experienced group of engineers, setting them up for a successful engineering future of their own.
Key purpose of the role:
Management Surveillance and Quality Assurance (MSQA)
- Fulfill all or parts of the role of the engineer’s representative in the execution of capital works programmes in line with NZS3910:2013.
- Ensure contract requirements are complied with and interests of both the principal and the contractor are considered in a fair and transparent way.
- Certify and authorise contract notices, extensions of time and time-related costs, changes to drawings or specifications, variations, and payments to physical works contracts.
- Monitor financial expenditure against contract budgets and take appropriate action where necessary.
- Undertake audits and evaluations as required.
- Attend Toolbox, contract and client meetings and chair meetings as required.
Construction Preparation and Construction Observation
- Undertake site investigations, assessments, and PS4.
- Tender and contract preparation and management.
- Preparation of specifications, schedule of quantities, and cost estimates.
- Fill testing (penetrometer, shear vane, arrange for NUC’s).
- Organise and manage contractors.
Ideally the successful applicant would also support the civil team with analysis and design to produce drawings and reports such as;
- Wastewater management
- Stormwater management
- Pipe networks
- Coastal revetments
- Retaining walls
The competencies required for this these positions are:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent degree
- 2+ years working autonomously with NZ standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Proven MSQA and Project Management experience preferred but training would be available for the right applicant.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D modelling preferred
The benefits of the position are:
- Exposure to a large range of projects nationally
- A family/friendly work environment
- An approachable team to share knowledge with in the quest for perfection!
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this role; applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Is this your next career move? If so, email your PDF resume and expression of interest to our HR team at email@example.com.