CIVIL ENGINEER – AUCKLAND
Land Development and Engineering (LDE) is a forward-thinking and well-resourced engineering company. We are seeking a Civil Engineer who is passionate, self-motivated, with New Zealand consultancy experience, to join our growing team in Auckland.
The successful applicant will get to work and share their knowledge with an experienced group of senior engineers and in line with the stage of your career passing on the value of your experience to a younger civil team to set them up for a successful engineering future of their own.
Work will involve whole of life project management including client engagement, preparation of proposals, civil design works for a variety of projects, including but not limited to:
• Small to large subdivisions
• Roading and pavement design
• Stormwater and wastewater management
• Infrastructure inspections
• Site monitoring
• Simple structure design
• Retaining wall and MSE wall design
• Foundation design
• Coastal Revetments
Construction monitoring (MSQA):
• Attend Toolbox and client meetings
• Organise and manage contractors
• Preparation of specifications, schedule of quantities, and cost estimates
• Testing using scala penetrometer, shear vane, clegg hammer
The technical competencies essential to these positions are:
• Bachelor of Engineering or NZ Diploma of Engineering
• 3+ years’ experience working autonomously with NZ Standards
• CPEng or applicants close to becoming chartered favoured
• Proficient in AutoCAD/Civil 3D modelling
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
Personal attributes required include:
• Being client-focused
• Enthusiasm and confidence in engineering
• Commercially aware
The benefits of the position are:
• Waged position where all hours worked are paid
• Hourly rate commensurate with years and type of experience
• Exposure to a massive range of projects nationally
• A family/friendly work environment
• An approachable team to share knowledge within the quest for perfection!
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this role; applicants should have a NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Is this your next career move?
If so, email your PDF resume and expression of interest to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org