SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER – Napier
Land Development and Engineering (LDE) is a forward-thinking and well-resourced engineering company. We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer who is passionate and self-motivated, with New Zealand consultancy experience, to join our growing team in Napier.
The successful applicant will get to work, and share their knowledge, with an experienced group of senior engineers whilst passing on the value of their experience to a younger civil team, setting them up for a successful engineering future of their own.
Work will involve civil design works for a variety of projects, including but not limited to:
- Small to large subdivisions
- Roading and pavement design
- Stormwater and wastewater management
- Infrastructure inspections
- Site monitoring
- Simple structure design
- Retaining wall and MSE wall design
- Foundation design
- Coastal Revetments
Construction monitoring (MSQA):
• Attend Toolbox and client meetings
• Organise and manage contractors
• Preparation of specifications, schedule of quantities, and cost estimates
• Testing using scala penetrometer, shear vane, clegg hammer
The technical competencies essential to this position are:
• Bachelor of Engineering or NZ Diploma of Engineering
• 5+ years’ experience working in NZ only
• Working autonomously with NZ standards
• CPEng or applicants close to becoming chartered favoured
• Proficient in AutoCAD/Civil 3D modelling
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
Personal attributes required include:
• Being client-focused
• Enthusiasm and confidence in engineering
• Commercially aware
The benefits of the position are:
• Waged position where all hours worked are paid
• Hourly rate commensurate with years and type of experience
• Exposure to a range of projects nationally
• A family/friendly work environment
• An approachable team to share knowledge with in the quest for perfection!
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this role; applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Is this your next career move? If so, email your PDF resume and expression of interest to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.