SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Land Development and Engineering (LDE) is a forward-thinking and well-resourced engineering company. We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer who is passionate, self-motivated, and eager to learn to join our growing teams in the North Island.
The successful applicant will get to work with and learn from a diverse and experienced group of engineers while gaining valuable experience to set them up for a successful engineering career.
Office location to be discussed with the potential candidate.
Work will involve structural design works for a variety of projects, including but not limited to:
• Structural design for residential and commercial projects
• Earthquake assessment and strengthening design
• Asset inspection and assessment
• Retaining wall design
• Foundation design
• Coastal revetments
• Prepare and issue PS1 documents for design
• Prepare and issue design memorandums
• Contract preparation and management
• Prepare drawings/sketches and reports for submission to the client in a format and to the standard required by LDE Ltd. This includes all typing and edits, preparation of plans, cross-sections, and collaboration of appropriate data.
• Undertake site investigations, assessments, and PS4 inspections
The technical competencies essential to this position are:
• Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Structural)
• 5+ years’ experience working autonomously with NZ Standards
• Role would suit a chartered professional
• Proficient with AutoCAD and proprietary software
• Experience with Revit a bonus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
Personal attributes required include:
• Being client-focused
• Enthusiasm and confidence in engineering
• Commercially aware
The benefits of the position are:
• Exposure to a massive range of projects nationally
• Warm and sunny base locations, great for your lifestyle
• A family/friendly work environment
• An approachable team to share knowledge within the quest for perfection!
Applicants should have a NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of our growing team. Email your PDF resume and expression of interest to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.