STRUCTURAL MANAGER - GISBORNE
Land Development and Engineering (LDE) is a forward-thinking and well-resourced engineering company. We have a great opportunity for an experienced professional to be part of our structural team and to also support it. Growth and development of our teams are important parts to our business and this role is integral to this.
Focus areas of responsibility are technical design and client and project management. These encompass undertaking analysis and design; obtaining and maintaining client relationships and taking an autonomous but inclusive approach to project management; We have a wide range of skill sets and experience across our offices and encourage involvement and interest into other areas of the business as well as collaboration with staff across our North Island offices
Alongside fostering good team morale, this is primarily a technical role which will see you being fully immersed in designs of a specialist nature. You will be a regular user of SpaceGASS, or proprietary software of a similar nature. Some drafting for your own projects may be required.
If you have the experience and technical expertise to support the responsibilities, match them with the requirements below and submit your application for consideration. Being chartered would be an advantage.
While this role is based in Gisborne, the role reports to the Structural Group Manager who is based in Warkworth. The Gisborne office boasts a team of 35 engineers, geologists and support providing everything you will need using state of the art technical tools and communication.
You will need to be passionate and self-motivated and have worked in a New Zealand consultancy modelled business.
The technical competencies essential to this position are:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Structural)
- 5+ years’ experience working in New Zealand
- Proficient with SpaceGASS or similar proprietary software
- Experience with Revit a bonus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
Personal attributes required include:
- Being client-focused.
- Having enthusiasm, confidence and initiative.
- Having effective interpersonal skills.
- Being commercially aware.
The benefits of the position are:
- Waged position where all hours worked are paid
- Hourly rate commensurate with years and type of experience
- Exposure to a range of projects nationally
- A family/friendly work environment
- Summer is a great time of year to be in Gisborne
- An approachable team to share knowledge with in the quest for perfection!
To be considered for this role, you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Could this be your next career move? If so, email your PDF resume and expression of interest to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.