Land Development and Engineering (LDE) is a forward-thinking and dynamic engineering company. We have eight offices across the North Island, most of which are regionally based, and we specialise in geotechnical, civil, environmental, and structural engineering.
One of LDE’s key strengths is that we encourage all our team to be involved, and interested, in other disciplines, and the development of the wider business.
LDE has experienced exponential growth over the past few years, as our market share of central and local government contracts has expanded, along with increased demand in regional development.
The geotechnical arm of our business currently has thirty three engineering geologists/ geotechnical engineers and we are looking for an experienced Engineering Geologist or Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing team.
This successful applicant will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to members of the geotechnical team, creating and maintaining client relationships and taking an autonomous, but inclusive, approach to project management. The role will also include a fieldwork element, when required, which may include geomorphological assessments, site inspections, mentoring junior team members and getting amongst it!
With support from a strong team, you will have the tools, and autonomy, to make this role your own and genuinely contribute to your own future and ours.
To uphold our expectations with respect to professional standards, candidates will ideally have the following qualifications/ experience:
- Bachelor/ Masters of Science (Geology) or Bachelor/ Masters of Engineering (Civil).
- 7+ years’ experience working with NZ Standards.
- PEngGeol/ CPEng or applicants close to becoming chartered are encouraged.
- Proficiency with industry standard, geotechnical software.
Personal attributes required include:
- Being client-focused.
- Having enthusiasm, confidence, initiative and a can-do attitude.
- Commercial awareness.
The benefits of working at LDE are:
- A company that genuinely lives and breathes work life harmony.
- Exposure to a large range of projects nationally.
- Office locations that allow for a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
- A friendly, fun and supportive work environment.
- An approachable and talented multi-disciplinary team.
- A chance for your opinion to matter.
- Minimal ‘red tape’, and;
- Inspirational leadership that genuinely cares about you.