This $50 million dollar residential subdivision involved 50 rural residential lots spread along ridgelines with associated roads, retaining walls, services and a bridge. The subdivision is located in the Southern Landslide Zone and includes a Transpower easement passing through the subdivision.
LDEl provided services from conception to completion of this project to ensure the client could delivered stable building platforms for each lot in a cost effective and expedient manner. The services provided included:
- Geological mapping was carried out to define the geotechnical model for the site and then was supplemented with additional site investigation to support detailed design and resource and building consents.
- Detailed slope stability assessments and involvement in the earthworks design process.
- Design of in-ground (palisade) walls to protect proposed building platforms from adjacent slip features and design of cantilever retaining walls to facilitate road construction.
- Geotechnical input into accessway bridge pile foundations and stability of abutments.
- Construction observations throughout the subdivision earthworks, drainage and retaining wall construction works.
- Completion reporting and sign off documentation for the subdivision.